Hello, March! A Quick Look at Upcoming Books!

Image from Warner Bros Characters wiki. 

My March is All Booked!!

Ummm we’re ALREADY 3 months into 2019? Well, I don’t know about you but I am FREAKING out.

Captain Marvel flies onto theatres A WEEK from today. Shannon Hale’s second Unbeatable Squirrel Girl book hits shelves THIS Wednesday. Jordan Peele’s BLOODY fantastic horror-thriller Us (starring the GODDESS Lupita Nyong’o) premiers in three weeks. And we’re one month closer to returning to Westeros for the last time and finding out who wins or dies in the battle for the Iron Throne. (ps. I’m #TeamKhaalesi )


My gig writing for Geek For the Win has me feeling like




And if you haven’t checked it out yet, gooooo! It’s a fantabulously fandomriffic haven. Were talking Harry Potter, Marvel, DC, Star Wars and SO much more.


That said, I’ll be back to posting 2x a week here again and you can bet it’s gonna be bookish bliss. AKA the main reason for this update! I’m absolutely over the moon and beyond grateful for the ARCs I’ve recently received in the mail from authors, publishers, agents, and reps for the purpose of reviewing here and on Goodreads. As well as the digital ARCs I’ve been approved to review on NetGalley.


Reviewing middle grade lit is one of my greatest passions! They make my heart SO happy --and there’s no other way I can describe it. So thank you to my bookish friends for sharing your lovingly crafted creations with me. I can’t wait to finish (or start) reading them and go ham recommending them to patrons at the library where I work, and here online.


Some of these books I have partial reviews written for while others I have yet to read and review. But fret not! They'll all be completed this month.   


Now it’s time to put the ARC in March and hit. the. books.
Here are the six I'm reviewing:


  1. Babysitting Nightmares: The Phantom Hour (#2) by Kat Shepherd
  2. The Gemini Mysteries: The North Star by Kat Shepherd
  3. The Friendship Lie by Rebecca Donnelly 
  4. Greystone Secrets: The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix
  5. The Astonishing Maybe by Shaunta Grimes
  6. Caterpillar Summer by Gillian McDunn

Yup. This month is gonna be ARC-tastic. Who's with me? 😜


*A special thank you to Kat Shepherd, Susan Balla, Wen Jane Baragrey, Macmillan's childrens, Bloomsbury USA childrens, and Capstone. 



So, friends! What are you reading this month? Comment below! 


PS. I’ll be getting back on track with my reading challenges-- The Celebrity Readers 2019 Diversity Reading Challenge and Ramona’s While I Was Reading Challenge and even joining in on the #MGBookMarch challenge on Twitter.  

Comments

Popular Posts