My 2019 is All Booked: Reading Challenges

"How can I explain to anyone that stories are like air to me, I breathe them in and let them out over and over again."
Jacqueline Woodson, Brown Girl Dreaming 

This year I'm participating in two blogger-led reading challenges. Ramona’s While I Was Reading Challenge and the Celebrity Readers' 2019 Diversity Reading Challenge. I am SO stoked to see what middle grade and ok *some* grown-up books I find for these challenges! 💗😍 Expect plenty of reviews for books I CANNOT be more excited to tell you about to pop up here each month. Here they are if you want to follow along~! Will you join me in this bookish fun? 

✌🏻Peace, 🐱 fluff, and happy reading!📚 

💖Vicky 




Celebrity Readers 2019 Diversity Reading Challenge



JANUARYdiverse folktales/culture/mythology; or diverse retelling; or non-western setting
FEBRUARYpoc: Black/African American
MARCH#ownvoices; or gender: female authors in male-dominated genres/non-fiction
APRILpoc: Middle Eastern/South Asian
MAYpoc: East Asian/Southeast Asian/Pacific Islander
JUNELGBT+ pride summer: sexuality and gender identity
JULYLGBT+ pride summer: sexuality and gender identity
AUGUSTmental health/addiction
SEPTEMBERpoc: hispanic/latinx
OCTOBERphysical/sensory/cognitive/intellectual/developmental disabilities
NOVEMBERpoc: Native American
DECEMBERreligious minorities


Ramona’s While I Was Reading Challenge

  • A book with a curse word in the title.
  • A memoir or biography of a favorite celebrity.
  • An essay collection.
  • A book with a one word title.
  • A classic you’ve been meaning to get to.
  • A book written by a comedian.
  • A book set in a country you’d like to visit.
  • A book by an author you’ve never read before.
  • A book recommended by someone you trust.
  • A book with your favorite animal on the cover or in the title.
  • A book mentioned in another book.
  • Read a book with “how to” in the title.

Comments

  1. Yay!! So glad to have you with us for the Diversity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are posting. Love the Diversity challenge. You should add me on Facebook so we can keep in touch when you aren't on Instagram. ������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts