My Halloween Bucket List (October 2018)


Top 13 Howl'oween👻 Booket List

Halloween is my FAVOURITE holiday. The costumes, the monsters made real, and the ghost stories and urban legends that circulate around bonfires and campfires when the sun goes down. In New England the culture of Halloween is woven into the fabric of autumn. As the leaves change to gold, orange, russet and copper on the trees, front yards begin to fill with tombstones and skeletons. ☠🖤

As the air fills with the scent of cozy pumpkin spice, entire towns are decked out with witches, ghouls, and headless horsemen. Dozens of farms carve mazes into their corn fields and fill them with blood-soaked, deranged and often chainsaw or machete wielding creeps. Even fields and forests take on a sinister tone when they're sculpted into sinister scenes for haunted hay rides. 




I'm already a 👻 ghost-loving, paranormal-obsessed, horror-fanatic. Folklore and legends have always fascinated me. My not so guilty pleasure is watching ghost hunter or paranormal reenactment reality tv shows. I am constantly reading books or blogs about cursed objects and hauntings. And I am totally hooked on listening to podcasts about the supernatural and paranormal. October takes all this and blows it up larger than one of Hagrid's charmed pumpkins🎃, magicked to grow up to the size of garden sheds. 

The entire month of October is Halloween for me! Where are my Halloween loving people at?? CAN WE GET A YAAAAS for spooktacular fun IN HERE!?



This October I decided to conjure up a BOOket list and post new photos and content every week as I cross off each of these unlucky thirteen Halloween to-boos. 

Will you join me? 😉👻🎃



1. Decorate a Haunted Cookie House
2. Read Frankenstein
3. Carve a Pumpkin
 4. Go on a Haunted Hayride

5. Do the Monster Mash
6. DIY a Costume (or two 😉)
7. Play Nightmare Before Christmas Monopoly
8. Watch the Classic Monster Movies: The Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein
9. Make a (vegan!) Pumpkin Milkshake in honor of the one and only 👻And That’s Why We Drink 🍷 podcast #TeamMilkshake 


10. Paint a Pumpkin
11. Take a Cemetery Tour
12. Do Some Spooky Nail Art!
13. Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town, & Harry Potter MARATHON!!! 



👻Bonus Boos 👻
  • Watch Netflix’s The Haunting Of Hill House
  • Go to a Pumpkin Patch
  • Read Aaron Mahnke of Lore’s newest book: Dreadful Places
  • Stream The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
  • Make a Candy Corn DIY Craft
  • Meet a Ghost Hunter
  • Go to a Place That’s Known to Be HAUNTED!!!  


What’s On Your Halloween BOOket list?

First photo (me) belongs to me
Gifs from giphy

Comments

Popular Posts